Everything you wanted to know about hooping, but were too afraid to ask!Read More
Yes, the time has come! Hoop class starts TONIGHT 02.03.17, 7.30pm at Kuranui College Dance Studio in Greytown! Thinking of coming but not sure what to expect? Here's a few Q&As to help you make that leap and get into the spin!
- I can't hoop! Does that matter? No! I'll teach you the skills and techniques you need to get that hoop going round your waist! And when we've nailed that, we'll get it going round other parts of your body!
- I'm shy.... That's ok! We all feel shy or nervous when we try something new. A Coops Hoops class is warm, fun and friendly, and designed to make you feel at ease and comfortable in your own skin and hoop!
- I suffer from back pain. Is that a problem? Not necessarily, as this article discusses. In fact, many health practitioners advise hooping as a way of strengthening your core and improving posture, helping to ease back pain. But, as with any exercise, check it out with your doctor first.
- I don't have a hoop! S'ok! I've got loads! And they are good ones, too!
- I'm too old to hoop. Stop that. Whether you are 5, 45 or 95, you are never too old! Hooping brings you joy and makes you smile, and that's ageless!
- I can't get to the venue! OK, so far I haven't been able to craft a flying carpet of hoops... yet! But, there is a lovely community of hoopers over on my Facebook page who may be up for car sharing! Why don't you head on over and ask!
- I can't remember how much your class costs... It's $10 a session, or head on over to my shop and save yourself $5 on a batch of 6 classes!
- What do I wear? Something comfy and preferably short sleeved and natural fibres, like cotton. Think yoga or pilates or a walk with friends. Hoops love skin, so the more of it you can reveal the happier your hoop! Also, remember to bring some water to keep gorgeously hydrated!
- OK, I'm thinking about it. But I'm feeling a bit lazy.... Mmmm, I know that feeling! But the great thing about hooping is it's totally FUN! It's play. And think you are too old to play? See answer to Question 5!
- I've run out of questions. What do I do next? You come to class and start your revolution tonight. Tonight. 7.30pm Kuranui College Dance Studio, Greytown!
Yes, that's right! A new 6 week hoop dance and fitness class will start Thursday 2 March 2017 in Greytown at the Kuranui College Dance Studio! Aimed at all levels, you will discover the joys, fun and oodles of benefits of hooping. We'll work that core, strengthen those legs, power up those arms and give our brains a boost to-boot! You'll feel refreshed, energised and happy!
Classes start at 7.30pm and last an hour. Hoops are supplied. Just bring yourself, a bottle of water, and some comfortable clothes (like the type you'd wear for yoga or a walk with friends) and be prepared for a workout with a difference!
To guarantee your place on this course and save $$, pay for the whole 6 weeks online via Paypal - just $55 - click on the link below!
If you've got any questions about hula hooping and the classes I teach, just drop me a line either in the comments box, or fill out the form below.